Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Lieberman on Obama--again

Senator Barack Obama is a gifted and eloquent young man who I think can do great things for our country in the years ahead. But, my friends, eloquence is no substitute for a record (cheering) not in these tough times for America.

... I want to speak directly to my fellow Democrats and independents who are watching or listening tonight. I want to speak directly to you out there. I know many of you are angry and frustrated by our government and our politics today, and for good reason. You may be thinking of voting for John McCain, but you're not sure yet. Some of you may never have voted for a Republican before -- and, frankly, in an ordinary election, you probably never would. But I want you to believe with me that this is no ordinary election.

And it's no ordinary election because these are not ordinary times. And trust me: John McCain is no ordinary candidate.

No comments: